Mindful Asia Sdn Bhd operates the mynd.asia website which is referred to as the ‘Website’.
Scope of Policy
We collect the following data:
- User provided information (e.g. identifiers, such as, first name and last name, email address, phone number, date of birth, username, password and any other contact and/or Account information) through our Website, or our events;
- Service Provider Information: Information about the mobile or internet service provider you are using with your device to access the Website and/or send us messages. , including name and the Messages: The date, time and content of any messages you send to us;
- Payment Information: Credit/debit card and other billing information, including cardholder transaction data, card numbers, expiration dates, billing addresses and CVV codes;
- Device level information (e.g. internet and other network activity information, including ADIDs, cookies, IP address, and other device hardware and software information)
- Website and Account usage information (e.g. order history, wait lists, pages viewed, and customer service inquiries)
- Information listed above which we combine and/or anonymize so that it is not linked to you.
- Location Information (geolocation information and commercial information)
- Other: Other information you provide to us when you use the Website or otherwise interact with us
- Inferred Data (e.g. inferred user information, preferences or tastes)
How Information is Collected
We collect information through one or more of the following ways:
- the completion of electronic forms found on the Website or on a third party-hosted website,
- the completion of paper forms or any surveys provided to us;
- SMS/whatsapp messages sent via cell phone, or through email and other communications;
- telephone calls made to us, or vice versa;
- referring websites or third parties, including social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+ and others including by virtue of advertisements placed by us on websites maintained by those third parties;
- the maintenance and analysis of Website server logs;
- events that we host; and
- “cookies” (small text files placed by us on your computer(s)), single pixel GIF image files (also called “Web beacons”), Website server log analysis and other similar technological means. See “Use of Web Technologies” Section below.
Location data can come from real time signals, like your IP address or device location
We (and our service providers) use your Location Information to provide you with more relevant nearby services or value-added services (including marketing) that we think you’d like. Where possible, we may also use Location Information to enhance or localise content and services that you use. You can choose to deactivate location tracking on your device.
How Do We Use the Information Collected?
Data collected will be used:
- to provide relevant information and offers of products and services, including to enable third party services to display customised content and advertising provided by us.
- to manage communications about your account/order fulfilment/inquiries with us.
- for analytical purposes.
- to provide information about our company such as newsletters or other communications, and to deliver advertising and promotional information from our partners and third party vendors.
- to improve our technologies for a better customer experience
- to provide relevant offers and other content (site updates, upcoming events, new products and services, advertorial emails etc.) which we think will be of specific interest to you.
The credit card information provided by you to the Website will be stored in a secure, confidential manner and such information will be used only for processing transactions.
If at any time, you no longer want us to contact you by email and/or receive our email subscriptions, editorial emails and advertorial emails, you can opt out of these functions by changing the preferences in your Account. You can contact customer service by email, telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below to assist you with any such changes to your Account.
Sharing of Information Collected with Third Parties
Non-personal information we collect from you may be rented or sold to third parties.
We will share certain of your information with third parties in the following scenarios:
- to fulfill your orders for products or services. We will share your credit/debit card data only with those directly involved in the processing of the underlying transaction, and who maintain appropriate security measures
- to provide you with newsletters or other communications.
- to comply with legal process, prevent fraud or imminent harm and/or ensure the security of our network and services
We will provide you with direct access to functionality from other third parties, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Spotify, advertising networks and others. The placement of social media widgets, or advertising units on the Website can permit these third parties to see information about you and your activities via cookies, web beacons and other technologies they place and/or access on your browser or device, even if you do not interact with them.
We also reserve the right to release information to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary to comply with applicable law.
Use of Web Technologies
We employ a software technology called tracking pixels (a/k/a web beacons/web bugs/clear gifs) that enables us to better manage the content on the Website by informing us what content is effective. Tracking pixels are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of visitors to a website. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, tracking pixels are embedded invisibly on website pages and are about the size of the period at the end of a sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by tracking pixels to your personally identifiable information.
We capture and store information in log files automatically. Such information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. We use this non-personal information, to study trends, to administer the Website, to track the movements of users around the Website and to gather demographic information about our users as a whole.
What types of cookies and other Web Technologies do we use and how do we use them?
Cookies do a lot of different tasks to enhance your experience of the Website (e.g., to help remember your preferences on our Website, to navigate between pages more efficiently, to enable easy log in and to personalize ads/content.
These cookies and similar technologies can be disabled by changing your browser setting. However, if they are essential for the operation or improve the functionality of the Website, some services may not function properly.
Cookies necessary for essential Website purposes
These cookies are used only to transmit the data online and are strictly necessary to make a website operational (e.g., access to secure areas, services such as transactional pages and secure login accounts).
Functionality cookies record information about your preferences which allows us to:
Performance cookies are used to track how the Website is accessed, used, or is performing in order to enhance user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve the Website.
We use Google Analytics, which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with the Website. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions, as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our site. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our [Website]. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors. For more information on Google Analytics, see here . You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
These cookies allow us to:
Advertising and Targeting Cookies
We allow third party companies, including advertising companies, to place cookies on our Website. These cookies enable such companies to track your activity across various sites where they display ads and record your activities so they can personalize ads to you as you browse the Internet.
We will also use information collected from such cookies for ad frequency capping purposes, to personalize ads and to track the effectiveness of ads. Information collected from one device may be used to help personalize your experience on another device.
Social Media Cookies
On certain pages of our Website, third parties that provide applications will set their own cookies in order to track the performance of their applications or tailor applications for you. We cannot access these cookies, nor can the third parties access the data in cookies used by us. [Some pages of our [Website] will also contain embedded content, such as video content from YouTube, and these sites will set their own cookies.]
These cookies are used when you share an article using a social media sharing button on our Website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus) as the social network that has created the button will record that you have done this. If you are logged in to your account with the third party, the third party will be able to link information about you with your actions via cookies.
Do Not Track
We do not support the “do not track” browser option, although we may choose to do so in the future.
We are committed to protect the confidentiality and security of your personally identifiable information based on industry recognized security standards. Whilst we aim to protect your personally identifiable information within industry safeguard standards, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Our policies and procedures require our staff to safeguard your information and access to personally identifiable information is restricted by roles.
We will need to authenticate you before disclosing personal information to you. You are responsible for protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer/mobile device. Please do not share your password with anyone.
No Information Collected from Children
You should not access the content or services of the Website if you are under the age of 18. No part of the Website is designed to attract anyone under the age of 13. Children are not eligible to use any services provided by us and we ask that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information to us or visit the Website.
Third Party Ad Server Networks
To opt out of third-party tracking on our Website use the following tools
You can opt out of third-party tracking by contacting [email protected].
If you want to be removed from our marketing list and do not want us to send you email, postal mail or other messages about our products and services, you can opt out. To do so, please send an email to [email protected], with the word “REMOVE” in the subject line.
Manage Accurate Information
MYND is based in Malaysia. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Website, an Account, or any services provided by us will be processed and transferred to, and be subject to the laws of, Malaysia. By using the Website or an Account, or by providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage and processing of information to and within Malaysia. If our cookies or other software detects IP addresses located in a country outside Malaysia, we reserve the right to deny access to any and all of our services.
Your information will be retained for as long as needed to enable you to access the Website or otherwise interact with you, and for as long as you or we can bring a legal claim. After you have terminated your use of our services, we may store your information in an aggregated and anonymized format.
You may also request to delete your account and personal information, to opt-out from the sale of your personal information or to opt out from third party tracking.